Barclays Exchange Rates
The Barclays Interbank table below displays the currencies and exchange rates for Barclays daily updated. You can also use Barclays Exchange Rates converter to get the latest conversion rates to or from Sterling.
The currency converter and exchange rate board contain indication rates only and are updated daily by Barclays. These rates exclude any other associated charges which may apply. Please ask your Barclays branch for details of Barclays exchange rates before you make the transaction.
Barclays Current account
Barclays has brought out a new range of financial investment solutions.
What you get from Barclays Current Account Plus?
To apply for this account, the customer needs to be at least 18 years of age, and a permanent resident of the U.K.
There are huge benefits from Barclays Current Account Plus:
• Mobile phone insurance which covers theft, loss or accidental damage
• Interest-free overdraft up to GBP 300.
• An authorised EAR of 18.3%, for amounts above GBP 300, which is variable
• No overdraft charges if your overdraft is within the limits of your overdrawn account
• Online and phone banking, where you can even get tax alerts on your mobile device
• Secured and privacy related fixtures such as Identity Support Advice Line which helps fight identity theft
• Cardholder protection covers you in case of loss or theft of your card or passport.
Further,Barclays, Current Account Plus offers:
• an Extended warranty cover for your domestic appliances.
• Better mortgage deals depending on status and availability.
• Personal Reserve which guarantees you an agreed-upon amount for emergencies. This Reserve can also be drawn on in case you have exceeded your overdraft limit. Of course, a charge of GBP 22 is applied, which you will need to keep in mind while doing the math.
• Debit cards, with no additional charge on transactions made abroad. A conversion fee of 2.75% of the transaction amount is charged worldwide.
• ATM withdrawals up to GBP 300 per day.
• Commission-free Forex.
This account could suit you if:
• You are in need of Interest free overdraft up to 300 pounds.
You need mobile phone insurance
The Barclays Current Account Plus is at the lower end of the current account range. The monthly fee is a mere GBP 5, for the host of benefits the Bank offers.
What if you are not happy with your Barclays Current account plus?
If in any case you are not happy with your account you are given 14 days to contact the Bank, where their customer-friendly staff will address the problem and even help you switch to another account or open a new account. This period usually starts from the time you open your account or receive the terms and conditions papers or other financial details whichever is later. If you decide to switch or open a new track your account fees will be paid back.